Don’t Fake the Funk. . . .
Posted by mojoe4u
. . .on a nasty dunk. Shaq’s wise adage from his much exalted Reebok commercial certainly rings true on my experience with #15 at North Jasper Park – 42 foot putt for par on that bad boy. Not too shabby for the guy that has yet to even make a birdie on this course.
I met up with Stephen and Jeremiah early in the morning this past Sunday for our outing before they began their North Alabama disc golf tour. We started a little after 9 and there was no one on the course before we began or after we finished – sweet action. Stephen and I tied at 3 over and Jeremiah finished at 5 over. Not bad for a day’s work; especially when you’ve broken a sweat before stepping up to the first tee box.
- Random pair of fitness shorts sitting on the park bench adjacent to parking lot
- Deserted course
- Dead raccoon was gone – Stephen and Jeremiah watched one of the neighborhood dogs chewing on it Saturday afternoon. Apparently it was the same dog that a week prior planted himself in the middle of a nearby driveway and proceeded to go to town on himself for at least half an hour
- Still no birdie for this guy
- Tied with same score as last week
- Pine trees were knocking discs down like it was going out of style
In case you haven’t noticed, the dates of my last few postings have been somewhat irregular – like a week or two between them. Due to the recent tornado/high wind damage on the family property, I have been pretty much out of the game running a chainsaw for the last few weeks (and many more weeks to come). Combine this with me living in 1912 (yes, Stephen, I am a little behind on the technology curve) and there will be a few inconsistencies in my posts. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy running a chainsaw but I’d also be much happier maneuvering an early 90’s Chris-Craft with Roxette’s “Dangerous” playing in the background and accompanied by some overzealous dancers that hail from the Mississippi Delta.
Everyone needs a goal in life.